Export Partnership Program
The Export Partnership Program is a South Australian Government program which assists small to medium-sized firms to prepare for export.
The Export Partnership Program can meet eligible expenses incurred in developing international markets.
Under the Program, the South Australian Government will match your investment with 50 per cent reimbursement of eligible export-related expenditure, up to a maximum of $50,000 for eligible projects.
Eligible projects include:
- Researching feasible overseas markets
- Developing marketing material for distribution overseas
- Participating in international trade shows, trade missions and business programs
- Adapting websites for specific international markets
- Undergoing export specific mentoring and/or training
- Supporting incoming buyers
The Export Partnership Program does not cover:
- Trademarking and IP protection
- Employment of staff/staff wages
- Office space
- Purchase of equipment
- General stationery
- Internet and telephone costs
- General academic qualifications and courses (excluding practical exporting courses that fit the scope of the grant)
- Memberships of professional associations
- Any other general business costs.
This list is not exhaustive and other exclusions may apply.
The Export Partnership Program will assist established local companies which can show they are export-capable. Aspiring exporters can also be assisted with $5,000 in coaching/mentoring expenses. To be eligible, the minimum turnover required is $100,000 a year.
To be successful, an application must rate highly against the program's criteria, and against competing applications from other companies. Companies can receive Export Partnership Program funding multiple times, but total grant funding to an individual business may not exceed $50,000.
Applications for the Export Partnership Program may be made at any time. However they are assessed at the end of each round. 2015 rounds close at 5pm on 10 April, 10 July and 9 October. Please note that this is a competitive grant program. Financial decisions about the activities you undertake should not be based solely on whether you are successful in applying for this grant.
The Department will make every endeavour to process applications as soon as possible. However, turnaround time may be affected by the volume and quality of applications and information received. Please factor in at least one month after the round closing date before enquiring about your application.